Have you been hearing ads on the radio from some of the largest retailers about the tax advantages of purchasing...
The Importance of Christmas Radio Advertising
Is radio advertising in the build-up to Christmas a good idea? Absolutely!
In today’s digital age, radio is probably not the first thing that comes to mind when you’re thinking about ways to advertise this Christmas season. Especially since the days of social media and Facebook, radio might seem old school.
However, radio can still be one of the most effective ways to advertise, and should definitely be a part of your marketing strategy this season.
Everyone knows the importance of embracing the Christmas seasonal period, especially for the retail industry. You need to stand out from your competition to get a bigger slice of the business. Christmas can account for almost half of a retailer’s sales, which makes this a vital time of year for any brand, big or small.
Benefits of Radio Advertising
- Radio stations have special Christmas packages to help make it easier to get a campaign together
- Target your advertising to a specific audience
- 30-second ad on a radio is less expensive than a 30 second TV advert, making it much more affordable for small businesses
- Radio adverts are easier to produce and very quick, unlike print adverts (no waiting)
- Utilise the power of sound. Radio can use sounds, voices, music and celebrities to create an attention-grabbing message. We all know how a good jingle can create a long-lasting impression.
- Radio is the anywhere and anytime advertising giving advertisers the opportunity to reach people on the go.
What to Expect from a Radio Advert Campaign
The main goal is to get radio listeners to come into your shop or visit your website. So, the two most important things to consider in a 30 second advert is your offer, and the call to action.
If you're in retail it’s recommended a high frequency radio advertising campaign over a period of 2 -3 weeks, based on a combination of:
- Presenter live reads
- 30 second pre-recorded commercials
- More than one radio station to extend you customer reach
Define Your Offer and Your Call to Action
Your offer is typically the latest and greatest product you have to offer and your call to action depends on what type of business you have.
If you've got a shop you either want to invite them in or get them to phone you with a special offer if they mention the ad.
If you've got an online store, then your call to action is typically a landing page for a special offer with an expiring promo code.
Get Amazing Results
Advertising in December for Christmas shoppers can have an amazing effect on your revenue. For example, last year one of our long-term clients based in a shopping centre had a one-week high frequency campaign which drove extra traffic to his shop and resulted in a 21% increase in sales on the same period last year.
Radio advertising works especially well for retail because it’s often the last thing customers hear as they make their way to the shops. Advertising on just one radio station will give you access to somewhere between 30,000 and 180,000 extra potential customers.
Act NOW to Get the Best Packages
If you want to find out more about a radio advertising campaign for the peak December trading period, you will need to act NOW because the best packages and spots won't be available for much longer.
To find out how we can help maximise your sales in the lead up to Christmas, please complete our contact form and I’ll get back to you within the hour. Alternatively, you can phone me right NOW on (02) 9114 9927.